Vital Red Light
Revised September 27, 2021
Information We Collect
When you make a purchase, attempt to make a purchase, or create an account through our Site, we will ask you to provide some personal information. This personal information includes your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers) email address, phone number, images of you, social media profile details, account preferences, opinions, product and service history, and information acquired through customer surveys (“Personal Information”). We also collect certain “Non-Personally Identifying Information” which is information that, without the accompaniment of additional information, cannot directly identify a specific person. This information may be collected directly from you, or from third parties. If you are a third-party providing information about somebody else, you represent and warrant that you have such person’s consent to provide such information to us.
We may also collect information from third party partners and websites that may be used as part of the Web Services. We may collect Non-Personally Identifying Information related to how you use the Web Services and our Site in order to improve the experience for you and others. We also may collect information from and about the devices you use to access the Web Services. This includes things like IP addresses, the type of browser and device you use, the web page you visited before coming to our Site, and identifiers associated with your devices.
We do now knowingly collect or use information from children under 13 without the consent of a parent or guardian.
Cookies and Other Technologies
When you visit our Site, we automatically collect certain Non-Personally Identifying Information about your device and your interaction with our Site including information about your web browser, IP address, search terms used, referring/exit pages, and date and time stamps. Although such information is not Personal Information, it may be possible for us to determine from an IP address a user’s Internet service provider and the geographic location of that person’s point of connectivity as well as other statistical usage data. We use technologies like cookies and pixel tags to provide, improve, protect, and promote our Web Services.
Cookies are small text files stored on your device and used by web browsers to deliver personalized content and remember logins and account settings. Cookies and such other statistical data help us understand how you are interacting with our Web Services, so that we can improve them based on that information. You can set your browser to limit or deny cookies, but please keep in mind that certain features of the Site and Web Services may not function properly without the aid of cookies. To learn more about how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Pixel Tags (or Web Beacons) are pieces of code embedded in the Web Services that collect information about engagement with the Site. The use of a pixel tag allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement. We may also include pixel tags in emails to understand whether messages have been opened, acted on, or forwarded.
We may use analytics and third-party tools (like Google Analytics) to process analytical information regarding our Web Services. To learn more about how to opt-out of Google Analytics’ use of your information on our Site, please visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Bases for Collecting and Processing Your Information
We collect and use your Personal Information in order to fulfill orders placed through our Site (including processing your payment, arranging for shipping, providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations and updates), and to provide the Web Services in a reliable and secure manner. We also collect and use Personal Information for our legitimate business needs to communicate and deliver the Web Services to you, including for marketing and promotional purposes, internal record keeping, and to comply with our legal obligations. Users of this Site are under no obligation to provide Personal Information of any kind, with the understanding that refusal to do so may prevent you from using certain site features. We may use financial information or payment methods to process payment for purchases made on our Site, to enroll you in programs in which you elect to participate, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed for legitimate business purposes.
We occasionally contact existing, new, and prospective customers with information about updates, new products, promotions, or company news. You may “unsubscribe” or opt-out of any such marketing content by clicking “unsubscribe” on any VRL marketing email and adjusting your preferences, or by contacting us at +1 213-632-8528 or email@example.com
By entering your phone number in the checkout and initializing a purchase, subscribing via our subscription form, or a keyword, you agree that we may send you text notifications regarding your order, (including abandoned cart reminders) and text marketing offers. Text marketing messages will not exceed 10 a month. You acknowledge that consent is not a condition for any purchase.
If you wish to unsubscribe from receiving text marketing messages and notifications reply with STOP to any mobile message sent from us or use the unsubscribe link we provided you within any of our messages. You understand and agree that alternative methods of opting out, such as using alternative words or requests will not be accounted for as a reasonable means of opting out. Message and data rates may apply.
How We Share Information
We may share information as discussed below, but we will never sell or rent it to advertisers or other third parties.
- Legal. We may disclose your Personal Information and Non-Personally Identifying Information to third parties if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, subpoena, legal process, or appropriate government request.
How We Protect Personal Information
- Security. We attempt to protect all Personal Information according to company security standards and practices, and we continually evaluate new technologies to enhance such measures. We use reasonable electronic and physical measures to protect Personal Information from loss, theft, alteration, or misuse. However, please be advised that even the best security measures cannot eliminate all risks, and you assume such risk by entering your information and continuing to use this Site and Web Services.
- Account Security. We urge you to keep any account information (i.e. login and passwords) in a safe place and not to share it with anyone. Please also remember to log out of your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit. This is to ensure that others cannot access your account, particularly if you are sharing a computer with someone else or using a computer in a public place.
Third Party Links
Information Removal/Opt Out
- Removal. VRL will remove your Personal Information upon request and cease any and all use for marketing purposes. Please keep in mind that a backup of your data may be kept in our archive subject to company retention policies or legal obligations.
- Opt Out. You may opt out of future promotional contacts from us at any time. You can do this by clicking the “unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of VRL’s emails, or by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, please note that if you create an account with VRL through our Site or otherwise, you may not “opt-out” and continue to receive the services associated with having an account, but you may still choose to “opt out” of receiving promotional and marketing materials from VRL.
- Correction. If you believe that any of the information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant, or misleading, please contact us using the details provided below. We will take reasonable steps to promptly correct any such information.
Retention of Your Information
When you use our Web Services, we will retain your Personal Information for as long as you have a valid agreement with us, as long as we are legally required to, or as long as we need it to provide you with the Web Services. Please note that we may retain some of your information in accordance with our standard backup, archiving, and retention policies, and to comply with our legal obligations or enforce our agreements.
Our Right to Revise
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you (also known as your “Right to Know”), to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us at the information listed below.
Your Right to Control Your Information
You have control over your Personal Information and how it is collected, used, and shared. For example, you have a right to:
- Request that we erase all or some of your Personal Information [at your discretion].
- Change or correct your Personal Information. You can manage the contact information that we have on file by reaching out to us at the contact information detailed below. Please note that VRL may request additional information from you to verify your identity before we disclose any information to you.
For purposes of the CCPA, VRL does not “sell” Personal Information, and we do not discriminate against customers who choose to exercise their rights under the CCPA.
Shine The Light Law
California Civil Code §1798.83 permits users who are California residents to obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of third parties to whom we have disclosed Personal Information (if any) for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and wish to make such a request, please send an email with “California Privacy Rights” in the subject line to email@example.com. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address. We will reply to valid requests by sending a response to the email address from which you submitted your request, or the physical address provided. Please not that not all information is covered by “Shine the Light” requirements and only information on covered sharing and the relevant details required by the Shine the Light law will be provided. Further, we do not disclose Personal Information obtained through our Site or Web Services to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Global Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain rights with respect to your Personal Information, including the right to access, correct, or delete such Personal Information that we collect and/or process through your use of this Site and/or the Web Services. VRL only collects and processes Personal Information of EEA users either: (i) with your consent; (ii) for the performance of a contract between you and VRL; (iii) to comply with our legal obligations; (iv) or for our legitimate business interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms. If you are a user in the EEA, you can do the following with respect to your Personal Information:
- Request a copy of your Personal Information (please note that VRL may request additional information from you to verify your identity before we disclose any information to you);
- Request that your Personal Information be corrected or deleted;
- Request that your Personal Information be ported to a new service;
- Object to the processing of your Personal Information by withdrawing your consent and asking us to stop using your Personal Information (i.e. “unsubscribing” or “opting out”). Please note that you will continue to receive transactional messages related to our Web Services and your purchases even if you unsubscribe from marketing communications);
- Notify your Data Protection Authority (DPA) if you feel that we have failed to comply with data protection laws.
Do Not Track
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
How To Contact Us